Friday, February 8, 2013

A Missed Birthday...

Yesterday work just got completely out of hand, so I didn't get the opportunity to post, so I will include the post that I started yesterday and then move on to a new one after...

I slept later than usual today, so I am a bit bummed that I missed my run, but it is okay, as I am so excited that it is my daughter's birthday...she turns seven years old!  It is hard to believe that it has been so long.  I remember the night that I first discovered that I was going to be a father, and I remember the amazingly complicated emotions that I felt about it...sadly, I didn't handle the news well, not well at all, and it is something that I will forever regret.  I couldn't help it at the time; I was scared, very scared.  In retrospect though, the birth of my daughter, and my son later, stand out as the happiest experiences in my life.  I wouldn't trade being a father for anything in the world...I wrestle with the implications of having kids a lot, but  I never regret having them.  They make my world shine brighter than I ever imagined it would.

So that was yesterday...

Today opened in just as poor a way as did yesterday...for the life of me I couldn't get to sleep this morning and didn't finally fall asleep until almost nine am, so I ended up sleeping late again and missing my run...mucho frustrating.  Then, I walked into a mess in the processing shack, so I am fighting just to get back in the game.  We have an important deliverable that needs to be finished in the next couple of days which is really the impetus for most of these frustrations, so now I just hoping that once we get this item complete on time we can relax and breathe a little bit.

I am afraid that it is too busy to write more tonight, so I will post and try to get more in tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment